We collect personal information from you, including information about your:
- Full Name
- Approximate location
- Computer IP addresses
- Interactions with us
- Personal identification (such as licenses / passes)
- Mobile phone number and other personal contact details
We collect your personal information in order to:
Identify and verify reputation and health of an Individual user. Allow others to verify a users reputation by way of simple 'grading' system using coloured 'shields'.
How we manage & collect data:
- Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to enter personal information, we will be unable to verify the identity of users
- We keep your information safe by storing information in a secure data centre, based in New Zealand, using password / firewall secured servers and only allowing administration staff access to manage this data
- We keep your information for five years at which point we securely destroy it by securely erasing all digital data
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong
Linking your Google account with us:
- We use your Google Account solely to:
- Log you into your REP account
- Identify your account and authenticate you
- With your discreet approval, import contacts from Google in your account, and send an email or SMS invite to share your REP shield and request them to create their own account
- The data we collect is limited to:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email ID
- Mobile Number (if available)
- Your account contacts:
- Their first name
- Their last name
- Their email ID
- Their mobile contact number
- If any data we require changes, you will be notified / prompted when accessing REP
- Your password and other sensitive details relating to your Google account are not in any way stored or collected by REP
- Without this access, you must use the default registration and account creation method built-in with REP, you also cannot import your contacts easily into REP without connecting your Google account / contacts
Who has access to your personal data?
- Your account data is protected behind password protected login pages for you, the user
- Your account data is accessible for basic account management by our administrators
- Our data storage facility is physically and digitally secured to prevent any 3rd party data access attempts
- Passwords are encrypted using modern data protection technology and stored on our local NZ based data centre
- Your data is NOT in any way sold, distributed, manipulated or modified
Cookies & data tracking:
To assist with the performance of our website, cookies may be installed on your computer. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Most cookies we use on this website collect information about how visitors use the website, for instance, which pages visitors go to most often. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
Most internet browsers give you the option to reject all cookies, accept all cookies, erase cookies stored on your computer or be notified before a cookie is stored on your computer. However, if you reject or erase the cookies referred to above some of our website features or services will not function properly or may not be fully available. Please refer to your internet browser instructions if you want to find out more about rejecting or erasing cookies.
Your data rights:
If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You, the User have complete control over who you share your private information with on Reputation Guardian.
If you would like all data related to you scrubbed from our databases, please contact us at email@example.com.